12.31.2007

Pre-Departure

So I leave in a few days and I am somewhat freaking out because I am barely packed and have so many other things to do - mostly money related so you know that I am not too excited about it. A handful of people suggested I start a blog for my trip, so this is my attempt. I have never been good about keeping up with a diary so I doubt that I will miraculously change my ways but we shall see how it goes.

Anyways there is not really anything interesting to say because I am still in snowy Wisconsin and until I step off of that plane into 90 degree weather my life will be filled with boring and rushed errands (with the exception of New Years Eve tonight!!!)

If anyone is interested in sending me things via snail mail or calling me while I am abroad (cause I know how cheap it is :-P ) here is the info I have so far:
CompaƱia de Jesus 1737
departamento 24-A
Santiago ,Chile

cell #: 56-8-733-9256

Apparently they don't have zipcodes in Chile, so if I find out that there is one I will edit the address.

Ok well if anyone is actually reading this I apologize in advance if I don't post again for another month, but I will do my best to keep you updated on my adventures.

Happy New Year!


~ Ali

2 comments:

Paul said...

Dear Alejandro,

Just want you to know I've checked this out. I think you'll have a wonderful experience. Stella and I may have a friend in Santiago. It's been years since we've been in touch, so I don't know if his email will work.

On a minor detail, I think the "departmento" in your address is the equivalent of a zip code.

We'll check in from time to time.

Best,

Paul Quirk

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ali,

I have just spent 3 1/2 hours reading your inspired letters. You are a good writer! Such good details.

Therese tried to post a comment the other day, it apparently didn't get on.

You are having a wonderful experience and obviously enjoying it--exactly what you should be doing.

Love from Chuck